More Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The 500th birthday celebration on September 30, 2011 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Greensboro was a success.  Reverend Eric Posa openend the occasion with warm words of welcome.  Michael Servetus was born September 29, 2011, on Saint Michael's Day.

Nick Divitci did a commendable job of speaking about the history and future of the Servetus Project  and I talked about the journey with my calling to see this movie get made.





The Christianismi Restitutiocake was a big hit.  I joked that the fourth copy of the book had been found.  Previously only three extant copies were known to exist.  The cake was a Spanish Bar cake, in honor of Servet's native country.  It was created at Susie's Lovin' Oven, which you can find at http://www.susieslovinoven.com/.  We also had a traditional Southern Scripture cake, in honor of his love of the Bible and insistence on a Scriptural basis for Christianity.




Many people enjoyed writing birthday greetings to Michael Servetus with a quill pen and ink.
















The actors (see below) did a tremendous job bringing the first act of the script to life.  Two actors dropped out in the last two days and I could only replace one of them.  I drafted myself to do one of the multi-character parts.  It was a new experience for me and I was glad I had the script so I didn't have to memorize the lines.

Cast for the first act of The Passion of the Heretic

Narrator Mary Lopez
Michael Servetus Tony Scarsella
Edouard Jordan Googe
Monique Leroux Emily Hill (also read for Dancer)
John Calvin David Teague
Marguerite Joyce Allen
Multi Reader 1 Reads various characters Charlley Ward
Multi Reader 2 Reads various characters Thomas Clayton


No comments:

Post a Comment