More Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

On September 13, 2012 I had the pleasure of speaking about Michael Servetus to members and friends of the Community Church of Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC. My talk on the history and mythology of Michael Servetus was a little over forty five minutes and generated some interesting questions. I would like to thank the Spirituality Exploration for Adults Committee and Steve Warshaw (Chair) for hosting me and for the warm welcome I received. Also, Virginia Guidry handled email logistics for the committee to provide me a smooth introduction to the event. My dear friend, Bud Godreau, initiated the talk by suggesting me and my interest in Servetian studies to the committee.

Outside the meeting room I had some pictures of my 2010 trip to Europe to study Servetus, several books I used in my research, Rebel With A Cause (for sale), and a page for people to use a feather pen and ink to write "AMessage to Michael".



All participants enjoyed a delicious dinner of pasta with red sauce and salad before we gathered for the program. It was a wonderful evening for me and those attending seemed to appreciate my sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment